Two Thirds of American’s don’t drink enough water. So this month we’re going to love ourselves by making sure we get enough water every day and turn it into a habit! Great way to love yourself is making sure you drink enough water.
So why water? Here’s a little insert taken from
Written by Laura Schwecherl
Water is the second most popular beverage in the U.S. after soft drinks. This is a scary stat, since sugary soda is ahuge health hazard, upping the risk of obesity, stroke, and other heart problems . However, these dangers can be avoided if people choose to drink water, which doesn’t have negative side effects. So help put the sugary stuff to the side and make water the number one drink of choice. The benefits really are endless. (Just take a look!)
- Fluid balance. Roughly 60 percent of the body is made of water. Drinking enough H2O maintains the body’s fluid balance, which helps transport nutrients in the body, regulate body temperature, digest food, and more.
- Calorie control. Forget other diet tricks—drinking water could also help with weight loss. Numerous studies have found a connection between water consumption and losing a few pounds . The secret reason? Water simply helps people feel full, and as a result consume fewer calories.
- Muscle fuel. Sweating at the gym causes muscles to lose water. And when the muscles don’t have enough water, they get tired . So for extra energy, try drinking water to push through that final set of squats.
- Clearer skin. Certain toxins in the body can cause the skin to inflame, which results in clogged pores and acne . While science saying water makes the skin wrinkle free iscontradictory, water does flush out these toxins and can reduce the risk of pimples.
- Kidney function. Our kidneys process 200 quarts of blood daily, sifting out waste and transporting urine to the bladder. Yet, kidneys need enough fluids to clear away what we don’t need in the body. Let’s drink to that!
- Productivity boost. In order to really focus, a glass of water could help people concentrate and stay refreshed and alert.
- Fatigue buster. Move over coffee—water can help fight those tired eyes too . One of the most common symptoms of dehydration is tiredness. Just another reason to go for the big gulp! (Not the 7-11 kind.)
- Hangover help. If booze has got the best of you, help a hangover with a glass of water to hydrate the body and stop that pounding headache.
- Pain prevention. A little water can really go a long way. Aching joints and muscle cramps and strains can all occur if the body is dehydrated .
- Keep things flowing. Nobody wants to deal with digestion issues. Luckily, drinking enough water adds fluids to the colon which helps make things, ahem, move smoothly.
- Sickness fighter. Water may help with decongestion and dehydration, helping the body bounce back when feeling under the weather. Just beware—drinking fluids hasn’t beenscientifically proven to beat colds in one swoop, so don’t swap this for a trip to the doctor or other cold remedies.
- Brain boost. A study in London found a link between students bringing water into an exam room and better grades, suggesting H2O promotes clearer thinking. While it’sunclear if drinking the water had anything to do with a better score, it doesn’t hurt to try it out!
So that’s why we’re focusing on loving ourselves by
Here’s the chart of every days assignments
We’ve got 7 great prizes for everyday of the challenge!
Feel Beautiful Tea + Pink Love Bath Salts
A $48 Value
We are an online apothecary that sells luxury organic skincare, makeup, nail polishes and fine teas. We have a carefully curated collection of the finest non-toxic skincare from all over the world and we adore getting to share these treats with our customers and helping them design a loving self-care ritual to indulge in every morning and night.
Visit and Connect with BeauTeaBar
The one lucky winner will receive a physical copy of ALL three of my albums, a $54 value.
About Lori Cunningham, Music Health Coach
As a certified holistic health coach and music health expert, Lori Cunningham offers group and private coaching to help busy and stressed out women feel refreshed, energized, and healthy again. She helps motivate her clients to eat and live healthy for their body, combined with original healing music. It’s a completely unique healing experience; where her clients feel whole and healthy physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually. She also offers healing music albums and custom music.
Visit and Connect with Lori
Women Empowered DVD’s
A $100 Value
Self-defense- is not just a set of techniques; it’s a state of mind, and it begins with the belief that you are worth defending. No matter what you say or do, you are never at fault if sexually assaulted. You have the power within you to defeat a sexual predator, and the Women Empowered program will bring it out of you. Your first and most important line of defense is a heightened sense of awareness. Women Empowered teaches you the most common strategies used by both strangers and non-stranger assailants so you can prevent attacks before they happen. However, no matter how diligently you practice awareness and avoidance techniques, someone might slip through your defenses and attack you. Regardless of your age or physical condition, you CAN and SHOULD defend yourself, and the Women Empowered program will give you the tools and the confidence to make it happen.
About the Gracies
Since 1925, over 40 members of the Gracie Family have dedicated their lives to developing the most effective system of self-defense the world has ever known. Today, the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy is a global organization which stands alone in its ability to empower anyone — regardless of age, gender, or athletic ability — using the time-tested techniques and teaching methods perfected over the last century.
Visit and Connect with the Gracies
Stacey Herrera – Coaching
I help women to gain confidence + clarity in their life and business, by taping into the wellspring of sexual energy. Together we explore her world though the lens of all 6 senses. It’s not about intercourse, it’s about energy.
A $350 Value
Visit & Connect with Stacey
One 90-120minute session around your inner bully, a painful meemory, or something else bothering you that you’d like to change
A $200 Value
I help others regain control over their mind. Perhaps you have an inner bully you’d like to silence, a painful memory that holds you back or you can’t stop doing something that you REALLY want to stop. The mind is incredibly powerful and I’d love to help aid you in understanding how your mind works and change some behaviors you haven’t been successful with in the past.